Our client, a global record company is looking to recruit a VP, Royalties and Client Admin to take responsibility for global royalty accounting and client administration services for a 14 month FTC.
· Leading and overseeing the Royalty Team and the Client Administration Team.
· Efficient processing of revenue and timely delivery of statements across a global client base.
· Oversee monthly and quarterly statement cycles for client royalties, mechanical royalties and overrides.
· Serve as a royalties and administration adviser for the BA, Finance, Tech and Creative teams.
· Lead all aspects of external audits where required (planning, overseeing fieldwork and analysing reporting).
· Work alongside senior management and product/tech teams on product development projects relating to the royalties and client admin business areas.
· Step in as a point of contact for complex royalty accounting queries from high-profile artists.
· Extensive experience managing a royalty function at a record label:
- improving the quality and the accuracy of royalty operations;
- acting as the main point of escalation for all issues that impact royalty operations;
- presenting reports on performance metrics and offering context to strategic decision making in senior management meetings;
· Strong working knowledge of accounting and finance principles.
· Great interpersonal skills with experience managing royalty operations team including resource planning, recruitment and personal development of team.
· Excellent understanding of technical systems used to process royalties and proficiency in SQL paired with strong analysis skills.
· Organised self-starter with the capacity to work in a high-pressure environment.
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality/discretion.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!