Our client, a global video streaming company, is seeking 6-months temporary cover for a Support Engineer position. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Data Centre infrastructure systems.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Adhering to health and safety processes and tight security and quality standards.
• Following processes to accurately install and configure third party devices, computer hardware, racking, and cabling infrastructure.
• Working with vendors, third-party manufacturers, and couriers to arrange intake of devices, computer hardware, and racking infrastructure.
• Using inventory management tools to record and audit metadata to track the movement of device inventory across sites.
• Taking responsibility for the organisation, maintenance, and stock control of devices to support critical test environments needs from third party devices.
• Maintaining secure storage solutions on and off company premises.
• Following E-Waste procedures.
• Running routine maintenance and recovery operations on lab test equipment.
• Providing test/debugging results for wider trouble-shooting of customer issues.
• Knowledge of Data Centre infrastructure systems, Lab operational experience and Manual Test Execution experience desirable.
• Hardware and software troubleshooting experience across computers, mobiles, or servers.
• Experience with installing and racking servers, computers, or A/V devices.
• Basic understanding of network protocols; TCP/IP, and L2/L3 technologies.
• Basic understanding of network hardware and cabling, Ethernet, Fibre, Switches.
• Comfortable handling the physical handling of equipment that weighs up to 40lbs.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!