Our client, an iconic record label, is seeking a Senior Commercial Manager to create commercial strategy, lead on physical sales initiatives for all key releases and optimise marketing for sales and eCommerce.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Serving as the run point on all frontline release physical sales campaigns.
• Working with relevant teams to ensure physical releases are sold effectively across instores, D2C, and physical retail.
• Working with Marketing teams to optimise marketing for sales and eCommerce initiatives.
• Providing support to the Head of eCommerce & Physical Sales in all physical commercial strategy
• Working with various teams to ensure correct pricing strategies and optimal ticketing opportunities are taken.
• Communicating sales strategies and associated artist commitments and asks with artist management.
• Contributing the physical sales strategy for all key album releases.
• Incorporating instore and D2C and traditional physical retail in sales strategy.
• Generating new methods to engage fanbases in physical products and sales initiatives.
• Communicating back to the company the results of competitor analysis.
• Reporting sales trends and identifying pitfalls for future campaigns.
• Providing reporting on pre-orders and sales back to various relevant teams, to include artist management.
• Analysing marketing activity to help forecast sales and chart success.
• Using OCC rules knowledge to ensure Chart compliance in all physical sales campaigns.
• Record label experience working in a physical-led commercial role.
• Genuine interest in the music and entertainment industry.
• Comprehensive understanding of the music industry’s physical commercial market.
• Passionate about physical product and sales strategy.
• Possess commercial acumen.
• Good understanding of the OCC rules.
• Strong communicator and problem solver.
• Possess a creative streak.
• Adept at building relationships and influencing others.
• Good organisational skills and able to meet strict deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to interpret analytical data.
• Confident working in a team and independently.
• Excellent IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Suite.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!