Our client, a global music company, is seeking a Sampling & Infringement Assistant to support the department Head across all queries relating to sample clearance requests both in and out for their extensive catalogue and signed writers.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the Head of Sampling & Infringements in all aspects of sample clearance.
• Dealing with requests from third parties to use the company’s catalogue.
• Assisting signed writers to clear samples of songs controlled by publishers and third parties.
• Supporting with copyright infringement claims.
• Liaising with all internal departments where appropriate.
• Liaising with external parties for approvals and negotiating clearances for all sample and adaption requests containing the company’s repertoire and ensuring best terms for writers.
• Assisting with the preparation of company updates of notable recent sample uses.
• Obtaining details about music usage.
• Filing all documents relating to each clearance and update the relevant spreadsheets.
• Corresponding with third partis, affiliated companies, clients, collection societies on sample uses, songs, writer splits and label copy/credits.
• Music industry or media experience within licensing, copyright, legal, synch/sample clearance essential.
• Genuine interest in music.
• Possess a basic understanding of music publishing, copyright, and sample clearance.
• Meticulous organisational skills, able to handle high volume workload and deadlines.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
• Strong communication skills.
• Proactive and flexible approach.
• Happy working in teams and independently.
• Experience in a client facing role is desirable.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!