Our client, an international entertainment company, is seeking a Royalties Accountant who is familiar with the Film industry.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Taking responsibility for intercompany and third-party royalty reporting.
• Handling the interpretation of film distribution agreements and their implementation.
• Maintaining and developing the royalty system to include auditing contract terms.
• Producing independently all intercompany and third-party royalty statements and accompanying invoices.
• Serving as a key point of contact within the company, and externally with sales agents and producers etc.
• Taking responsibility for the calculation, preparation, and posting of month end adjustments to include P&L and cash flow variance analysis.
• Performing month end balance sheet reconciliations.
• Conducting regular forecasting of royalties, to include P&L and cash.
• Assisting with the statutory and royalty audit process.
• Assisting with ad hoc projects, reporting, and contributing to D&I groups.
• Previous experience working across royalty statements preparation.
• Previous experience interpreting legal contracts.
• Minimum intermediate level Microsoft Excel capabilities, to include use of pivot tables, nested functions, and vlookups.
• Experience using SAP is desirable.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Able to interact with non-finance personnel effectively.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Interest in film industry.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!