Our client, an iconic record label, is seeking an enthusiastic Promotions Coordinator to handle administration related promotional activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Acting as a point of contact for the TV department.
• Attending gigs regularly.
• Taking responsibility for the summation and circulation of TV Promotions Bulletins.
• Administering gig tickets, CD stock and Merchandise ordering for the department.
• Assisting with research chats/interviews as required.
• Coordinating competitions to include travel, tickets etc.
• Mail music to TV contacts.
• Update National TV schedules continuously.
• Printing National Playlists weekly, including data analysis.
• Compiling radio plays for weekly label meetings.
• Booking restaurants for client entertaining where needed.
• Booking travel for artists etc when necessary.
• Completing and updating TV bookings from the indie TV pluggers.
• Regular reporting.
• Arranging phoners and promotions with artists and management.
• Updating TV channel’s music team with label copy, release dates, press release and biography information when a track is added to the weekly playlist.
• Monitoring music on TV tracking updates.
• Notifying the team when stock arrives.
• Liaising with PAs on ticket orders.
• Managing departmental budgets, to include raising purchase orders, negotiating costs, approving TV budgets and taking responsibility for out of house budgets.
• Collating financial figures to outline promotions expenditure.
• Attending regular forecast meetings.
• Updating the out of house plugger fees regularly.
• Previous experience doing promotions coordination or similar, ideally within radio.
• Good working knowledge of the music industry and a record label to include promotions.
• Genuine passion and interest in music.
• Demonstrable track record of working calmly under pressure and using organisational skills effectively.
• Able to pre-empt problems before they occur and prioritise workload.
• Proven track record of meeting deadlines and using attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills and able to deal with people at all levels.
• Happy to work in teams and independently.
• Able to handle situations discreetly and diplomatically.
• IT proficient, using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent time keeping skills.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!