Our client, an established agency and production company, is seeking 9-months fixed term cover for a PA to a senior Literary Agent & CEO.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Performing extensive diary management to include meetings and lunches.
• Planning international travel itineraries to include book fairs.
• Supporting with tasks of a personal nature when required.
• Working closely with sister companies while maintaining confidentiality.
• Fielding communications for Agent.
• Taking minutes from meetings and calls.
• Handling enquiries from clients, colleagues, and other industry professionals.
• Sharing information and networks with colleagues in the department.
• Assisting with departmental administration.
• Supporting with the organisation of promotional activities for clients in liaison with Publicists, Editors, and other members of an organisation.
• Assisting with the publication schedule for clients.
• Reading unsolicited submissions for the Agent’s office and writing reader reports when requested.
• Processing a high-volume of permission requests.
• Administrating, negotiating, and finalising all permission requests promptly.
• Cultivating a thorough knowledge of literary clients, genres, and titles represented by the Agent.
• Contributing to trusting and positive relationships with clients through reliable support.
• Creating new client profiles for the company website and updating with latest works and accolades in collaboration with other departments.
• Creating content for Twitter and Instagram social media.
• Writing and identifying news stories in promotion for clients on the company website.
• Previous experience working as a PA for a senior member of an organisation.
• Possess a practical approach to administration.
• Understanding of the need for discretion and confidentiality.
• Proven interest in editorial and reading.
• Content to work creatively and collaboratively in a team.
• Previous experience working in the cultural sector, such as publishing, is desirable.
• Highly organised with great time management abilities.
• Able to consistently work under pressure with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent communication skills.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!