Our client, an iconic label, is seeking a Music Publicist who can ensure extensive coverage of their exciting and diverse roster of established, niche and emerging artists.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Management of high-level media campaigns.
• Ensuring artist publicity activities occur seamlessly, to include pitching, liaison, and logistics.
• Taking responsibility for full campaign planning.
• Securing appropriate coverage in the form of features, news, reviews, streams, and sessions.
• Identifying newsworthy positioning in coverage.
• Notifying the media with upcoming releases and music promotion.
• Liaising with artists, artist managers, and label representatives.
• Fostering relationships with on and offline media.
• Keeping abreast of digital developments and how they can be integrated into publicity activities.
• Liaising with internal teams and attending meetings, events, and artist promotion as needed.
• Traveling domestically and abroad as needed.
• Specialist music publicist experience, ideally with a preference for jazz, classical, folk and afrobeat artists.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proven track record with delivering coverage within style press and mainstream media.
• Existing quality media contacts in music, style press, and mainstream media.
• Demonstrable experience with the execution of creative media campaigns.
• Able to work under own initiative.
• Willingness to travel and attend gigs.
• Highly organised.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!