Our client, a global talent agency, is seeking a highly experienced Music Assistant, who is well versed in show contracting and talent booking procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Attending shows and growing business relationships with clients.
• Liaising with business affairs and accounting teams in an administrative capacity.
• Providing administrative support to music agents.
• Taking responsibility for show contracting.
• Liaising with client’s managers regarding show offers and contracts for shows.
• Procuring ticket sales counts for contracted shows.
• Upkeeping artists’ show diaries.
• Procuring final settlements for shows performed.
• Updating the bespoke agency booking system daily.
• Handling enquiries over the phone or email.
• Checking and comparing costings and collating for management.
• Assisting management understand “walk out” potentials to include gross walk out on a tour, explanatory information, taxes and other deductions.
• Keeping account of all money for shows and chasing deposits and payments when needed.
• Handling marketing artwork, collating and explaining marketing plans and summaries.
• Managing marketing assets and PR, keeping files up to date.
• Collating announcement schedules for headline shows and festivals.
• Performing upkeep of contact information databases for promoters etc.
• Issuing business terms to new promoters and clients.
• Maintaining up to date client information, to include release dates, label, management etc.
• Organising festival and headline show guest lists.
• Collecting suggestions from agents and presenting to management.
• Supporting tax minimisation for artists in collaboration with their accounts team.
• Assisting management with immigration requirements, to include immigration forms, assigning sponsorship certificates for artists etc.
• Keeping up to date information for riders.
• Requesting invoices from management and accounts teams.
• Scheduling meetings and calls as required by agent.
• Demonstrable track record with assisting high-level booking agents essential.
• Experience working with artists, records labels, talent managers, tour managers, publicists, and concert promoters in an administrative support role to an Agent.
• Solid understanding of current music industry landscape and how a talent agency operates.
• Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise high volume workloads.
• Ability to foster strong business relationships.
• Good communication skills and IT competency.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!