Our client represents some of the finest Oscar and Bafta award winning film & TV composers in the U.K & US. As well as acting as composer agents, they also contract musicians for all the recordings through its orchestra and releases soundtracks through it’s in-house label.
This is an exciting role in which the Agents are at the heart of the company, working with international producers, directors and composer clients. You will be required to work on your own initiative, with absolute attention to detail, have excellent communication and numeric skills as well as a flexible approach towards work and a great sense of humour.
The ideal candidate must have solid experience working within the film, TV,commercials or music industry, preferably with an in-depth knowledge of SVOD’s,film and TV production companies and studios, producers and directors. The candidate will need to have strong salesmanship and negotiating skills and be able to handle legal contracts and publishing deals between production companies and our clients. A passion and knowledge of music is also important.
The role is highly varied but will involve:
· Working with the other London based agents as well as partners in the US.
· Pitching clients and their music to producers/production companies.
· Negotiating fees, dealing with legal contracts, as well as publishing and soundtrack deals for release through the in-house record label and external labels.
· Co-ordinating projects with the LA office and our partners in the US.
· Working with producers, directors and composer clients.
· Managing budgets.
· Liaising with the Musicians Contractor and studios.
· Manage applications for international awards (Emmy, BAFTA, Ivor Novello Awards etc.)
· Representing the company at live recording sessions, screenings,networking events.
· Using content management systems to update websites.
· Be in charge of showreels across the web site and for specific pitches to producers.
Key Skills/ Person Specification:
· At least 10 years experience working within the industry.
· Business minded but friendly and approachable.
· Ability to work collaboratively within a small team.
· Strong network of contacts within the industry (Directors, Music Supervisors,Record Labels, Publishers)
· Attention to nuance and detail is vital.
· Working knowledge of content management systems to proactively maintain and update websites.
· Technical knowledge on supporting delivery of show reels through the company’s FTP site.
· Working knowledge of social media.
· A high level of administrative and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Good telephone manner – it is vital that you maintain a friendly and positive working relationship with clients.
· A genuine passion for music.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!