Our client, a multi-award winning international talent management, live promotion and television production group is looking to recruit a Legal & Business Affairs Coordinator.
· Assisting and working closely with lawyers in support of the group’s UK companies, including the television production,distribution, talent management, live tour, and corporate/PR businesses;
· Ownership of all contract trackers, rights processes and systems relating to content production and distribution;
· In tandem with the Legal Adviser, to act as a first port of call for the various television production teams when they seek support from legal & business affairs;
· Responsible for all administrative support for the legal & business affairs team.
· Ensuring the terms and status of all key production agreements are accurately reflected in a variety of contract management systems (tracking contract status, options, etc.)
· Originating and implementing procedures and systems to maximise the efficiency of the legal & business affairs team
· Processing and execution of agreements
· Responsible for preparing and issuing various standard form paperwork required by the business (artist management agreements,general employment agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.)
· Working with the Legal Adviser to ensure new production teams have all the information they need to commence production (by drafting and issuing legal & business affairs production packs including relevant template forms, guidance, delivery notes, etc.) as required for their particular shows
· Preparing and issuing summaries of the key financial terms for all production financing agreements to the finance team
· Responding to queries from the distribution and/or royalties team in respect of contractual terms relating to the catalogue of shows
· Undertaking legal and industry related research tasks
· Maintaining a rights management system to track all retained distribution rights and key terms in their shows
· Assisting with keeping the group’s corporate policies up to date;
· Draft and review certain forms of agreement as required
· Providing support as and when required on matters such as client reporting, debt recovery, data protection, trademarks and other forms of brand and IP protection, and general corporate and commercial work in support of all the various Avalon businesses;
· To update and maintain the group’s trademark and data protection registrations as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS &CHARACTERISTICS:
· Detail orientated
· Strong communication skills
· Self-sufficient and resourceful
· Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
· Able to read and interpret key terms in agreements in order to distil and communicate the same to the business / log in relevant trackers
· Ability to identify and implement process simplification and enhancement opportunities.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!