Head of Music with a solid career built with the urban music scene sought by an innovative start up whose business will be offering a well-being audio product.
This will be one of our clients first official positions within the company, so is an extraordinarily rare opportunity to work directly with the founding team to build the business from the ground up.
They are looking for an enterprising and musically-creative individual who has a passion for producing new music and mindfulness. Someone who can work under immense pressure, is comfortable with numerous projects happening at once and is able to manage their artists whilst onboarding new artists, plus managing a continuous stream of creation. They are looking for a true superstar!
Head of Music responsibilities include:
● Managing existing artists effectively, creating momentum and a culture of togetherness
● Onboarding regular new artists & working effectively with Marketing to deliver artist campaigns
● Managing artists’ studio time and ensuring content is delivered on time
● Directly managing our Content Producer to produce and master all content
● Preparing and managing monthly, quarterly and annual budgets
● Setting, monitoring and reporting on team goals
They are looking for a Head of Music who’ll lead all artist management, content & production activities. Responsibilities include developing plans to bring on new artists who align with their ethos, managing the Content Producer to produce all content, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term goals. If you’re a skilled artist manager, have managed large quantities of artist-led content and are able to inspire team members, they would like to meet you. Ultimately, you will run the Music & Content department in ways that promote higher profitability, engagement and competitiveness.
● Experience managing artists, as a label manager or similar
● Evidence of developing a strong, positive culture
● A strong passion for promoting mindfulness and/or meditation
● Solid understanding of music law, namely licensing options
● Evidence of ability to make strong decisions
● Experience producing and mastering content to a flawless quality
● Strong leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritise goals
● Creative & mindful, you’ll have the ability to promote an inspiring work ethic
For more details please get in touch asap.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!