Our client, an international music publisher, is seeking a Head of Artists & Repertoire to develop the A&R team to foster exciting talent.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Acquiring music from diverse sources in accordance with department strategy.
• Scouting new music across varied genres from artists, producers, and collectives using a range of methods.
• Leading artist development programmes.
• Managing a small team with their A&R activities and artist cases, providing support and advice.
• Keeping abreast of the music department’s content delivery processes and music needs.
• Championing new talent internally.
• Collaborating with marketing teams on artist-related initiatives.
• Liaising with legal teams regarding contract negotiations and drafts.
• Substantial experience working within music industry across A&R, music acquisition and/or talent scouting.
• Able to evaluate music against company needs using a good ear for music.
• Robust knowledge of contracts, copyright, and performing rights organisations.
• Authentic interest in the independent music industry and “indie” artist challenges.
• Able to lead on cross department collaborations.
• Able to make sound and informed decision making.
• Competent using analytic tools and data.
• Confident communicator, able to pitch ideas to potential partners.
• Proactive approach to work.
• Supportive with a team spirit sense.
• BA in Music Business/similar desirable.
• Knowledge of sync and licencing desirable
• Experience of third-party catalogue acquisition and working with international artists desirable.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in + the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!