Our client, an international artist booking agency, is seeking maternity cover for a General Manager position to support the company’s business operations.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Collaborating extensively with company partners to plan, direct, and coordinate business operations.
• Taking steps to plan and maintain systems and procedures for optimal efficiency.
• Conducting strategic planning to determine company objectives.
• Serving as a team builder for the company and delivering resources to staff members in support of their wellbeing.
• Implementing optimising procedures, systems, finances, and budgets to enhance operations.
• Leading on recruitment activities.
• Serving as the main point of contact for external parties.
• Assisting with the progression of novel business ideas.
• Handling communications for the company.
• Developing internship programs, community outreach, D&I programs.
• Progressing the company’s sustainability and environmental programs.
• Providing oversight to the office coordinator.
• Experience managing and motivating a team of people.
• Comprehension of the music industry and current market trends.
• Solid commercial acumen.
• Strong business management skills.
• Able to understand business P&L.
• Knowledge of resource planning and human resource management principles and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal relationship building and communication skills.
• Excellent decision making and judgement skills.
• Highly organised, able to manage varied workload with accuracy.
• Competent at problem solving.
• Proactive and self-motivated.
• Able to work collaboratively with staff at all levels of the organisation.
• Willing to experiment with new ideas.
• Experience working in the music industry is desirable.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!