Our client, one of the world’s leading music promotion companies is looking to recruit a General Manager for their UK team with some management of their office in the US.
· Working with HR team to ensure all HR is done in the best way.
· Arranging team away days / Xmas events, birthdays.
· Oversee the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction.
· Carry out staff appraisals, manage performance and discipline staff.
· Organise and chair meetings with staff.
· Organise staff travel to conferences.
· Organise quarterly company meetings.
· Work with new Business Consultant and Directors to launch new services / offices.
· Delivering business proposals with New Business Development consultant.
· Write reports for senior management and deliver presentations.
· Liaise between 3rd party agencies.
· Create and manage customer / industry database.
· Ensure all documents and procedures are uniform across offices and departments.
· Introducing and refining procedures / office admin systems.
· Manage social media in collaboration with Business Development consultant.
· Dealing with all office matters – responsible for current Office Manager / Accountant
· Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease.
· Record office expenditure and manage budget.
· Maintain supplies of stationery and equipment for the office.
· Solve simple IT problems and contact the IT department when necessary.
· Excellent organisational skills with prior experience organising an office move
· Strong worker both as part of a team and when working autonomously.
· Good experience on different social media platforms including LinkedIn.
· Proven successes in a previous operational management role.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure in this fast-paced company.
· Working knowledge of the music industry.
· Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!