Our client, a top literary publisher based in West London, is seeking a Finance Officer to play a central role in the smooth running of the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Managing the accounts inbox and receipt of all purchase invoices.
• Seeking approval from budget holders and coding invoices on QuickBooks.
• Setting up the payment run for approval.
• Keeping reliable digital files for audit purposes.
• Handling supplier queries.
• Preparing and sending invoices for sub rights income, permission fees and other sales.
• Performing credit control for outstanding invoices.
• Providing withholding tax documentation to customers as needed.
• Circulating credit card statements to staff.
• Supporting the communication of sales data.
• Calculating the unit cost for books printed.
• Assisting with submission of VAT returns.
• Maintaining fixed asset registers.
• Assisting with the preparation of the annual audit as required.
• Supporting the budget process as needed.
• Previous bookkeeping experience.
• Able to build relationships with colleagues and third parties.
• Capable of working across multiple tasks and workloads.
• Experience within publishing desirable.
• Accurate and efficient approach to work.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Keen to expand knowledge in the field.
• Previous experience with QuickBooks, royalties, and sub-rights desirable.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!