Our client, a successful indie label is seeking a Finance & Business Affairs Manager to provide financial and business affairs support to the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Providing sound business advice across risk and financial matters.
• Implementing policies and procedures that strengthen business and financial controls.
• Limiting contractual risk with appropriate adherence to contractual obligations.
• Enforcing a travel policy to include pre-approvals and the use of credit cards.
• Liaising with the Music Royalty Company.
• Recording relevant data within databases referring to the royalty statements.
• Ensuring all contractual paperwork is in place before artist related activity takes place and invoices are paid.
• Coordinating the annual and quarterly budget and estimating process in conjunction with the Finance Team.
• Maintaining budgetary controls with regular liaison with the business and campaign managers.
• Managing AP invoice processes.
• Coordinating monthly management information using business financial commentary.
• Maintaining a robust cash flow forecast to enable appropriate planning.
• Maintaining relationships with suppliers.
• Min 3-5 years PQE
• Previous business affairs or accountant experience with a record label or similar.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel experience.
• Experience managing and implementing controls to manage financial risks.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Good understanding of confidentiality and discretion in the workplace.
• Able to work independently when required.
• Good communication skills, able to deal with people at all levels of an organisation.
• Proactive and flexible approach to work.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!