Key Responsibilities Include:
· Optimizing and creating industry relationships across Europe to deliver greater market share and favorable catalogue assets.
· Leading the London team to thrive in their roles and motivating their success.
· Ensuring the Creative London team maintains close working relationships with song writers,publishers, agents, managers and legal representatives.
· Representing the company at European events, boards and industry functions.
· Proactively monitoring emerging music trends to build up the company’s market share with new music.
· Identifying and fostering new talent while maintaining business relationships.
· Defining innovative songwriter/ composer developmental strategies with the Creative leadership team.
· Keeping abreast of time critical and sensitive issues that may require corporate engagement.
· Engaging and collaborating with other Creative offices in other countries.
· Observing appropriate monetary thresholds and guidelines for the use of advances and/or guarantees for high-value artist acquisition.
· Collaborating with the Corporate Communications team to formulate branding and promotional strategies.
· Formulating and monitoring annual budgets for Europe, providing guidance on cost controls.
· Providing oversight and general management for the London office.
· Supporting the company’s core values.
· University degree in related field required; Master’s degree or equivalent preferred.
· Extensive executive experience within the music publishing industry dealing with creators, users and/or rights owners.
· Proven experience building and managing a team
· Experience working with a large network of industry professionals within the music industry.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!