Our client, a global music company, is seeking three-months temporary cover for a Data Migration Specialist position. The role is centred around preparing rights analysis of label catalogues for migration to a new platform.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Analysing labels’ catalogue to identify missing or incomplete rights data.
• Assisting with tracking issues relating to missing rights data.
• Communicating and tracking gaps in rights data.
• Conducting clean-up projects and updates as deals change.
• Accurately representing rights information in databases.
• Maintaining repertoire-level rights exceptions.
• Linking agreements to all relevant repertoires.
• Troubleshooting catalogue management and bulk updates within the supply chain.
• Researching into specific label catalogue (online databases, etc.)
• Extracting actionable information and knowledge from large datasets.
• Raising issues with technical support teams and other teams as needed.
• Tracking systematic notifications to the business support teams.
• Maintaining high-level tracking reports of progress.
• Transferring contracts between companies as requested by the business.
• Collaborating with the wider team regarding rights issues that may impact the migration schedule.
• Music industry experience is preferred.
• Genuine love of music.
• Knowledge of metadata management and SQL is desirable.
• Able to provide high-quality data analysis and support.
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
• Able to acquire knowledge of new systems, tasks, processes quickly.
• Confident working independently to complete tasks.
• Able to coordinate daily tasks against long-term objectives using project management skills.
• Proven track record of delivering tangibles within project scope.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Able to obtain required data, identify and query data sources, cleanse data, and input into additional databases, or communicate to others.
• Experience using web-based applications and Microsoft Office programs.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Previous experience with project management is advantageous.
• Understanding of confidentiality of data being handled.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!