Our client, a global music publisher, is seeking a Copyright Manager to work across contracts, registrations and related processes.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Managing a team of four in support of effective administration duties of copyright contracts and processes and delivering improvements.
• Liaising with various teams covering finance, legal, sync, and global copyright.
• Working with international company affiliates, licensees, and collection societies.
• Proactively working towards KPIs.
• Building relationships with international affiliates and local performing and mechanical collection societies.
• Preparing regular reports and using them to drive decision making to ensure maximum efficiency within royalty collection for clients.
• Delivering process improvements.
• Setting critical metrics to measure, team, society, and third-party performance for reporting.
• Providing effective leadership and management of the team and ensuring their continued suitability to changing industry needs.
• Leading the creation and upkeep of training materials for new copyright staff.
• Collaborating with the legal, finance, and creative teams on copyright enquiries.
• Providing timely responses to client queries.
• Communicating updates to the business on UK Deal signings.
• Ensuring affiliate agreement and work registration queries are resolved.
• Communicating with various music publishing societies and processing partners.
• Supporting the Head of Administration with strategic planning
• Working with the global administration teams to develop standard process guides.
• Collaborating with UK Royalty and Tracking teams to resolve and proactively prevent issues relating to income collection.
• Attending external meetings and participating with industry working groups.
• Experience working with Music Administration or Operations at management level essential.
• Possess expertise within copyright and agreement registrations, counterclaims, and all related processes.
• Background in collection society or music rights management administration at a music publishers, DSP, or record label is desirable.
• Able to understand music publishing contracts.
• Experience setting up internal training documents and analysis reporting.
• Able to confidently handle time pressure and deadlines.
• Substantive knowledge of PRO/CMO collective rights administration policies and operational activities.
• Meticulous approach to recording, analysing, manipulating, and maintaining data.
• Advanced Excel skills including V lookup and pivot tables.
• Proven track record of delivering against activity and revenue targets.
• Flexible to work across time zones outside regular working hours when required.
• Confident, experienced people manager and team leader.
• Able to prioritise workloads effectively.
• Able to set a clear direction for the team.
• Excellent communication skills to include the concise expression of complex ideas.
• Good management skills in terms of delivering constructive feedback and obtaining optimum performance from colleagues.
• Experience working with BI visualisations tools such as Tableau or Power BI desirable.
• Experience with Power Query and Project Management tools is desirable.
• Thorough understanding of international collection society structures and their licencing/distribution processes is desirable.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!