Our client, a hugely successful record label specialising in copyright free music, is seeking an expert Copyright & Licensing Manager. The role requires the company’s commercial and legal rights to be managed effectively.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Working on catalogue improvement and new releases to ensure contracts and terms are aligned within the scope of precedents.
· Leading legal and rights communication regarding catalogue disputes and licencing enquiries.
· Working on catalogue disputes and their resolution.
· Drafting, negotiating, and issuing licences for new releases.
· Collaborating extensively with the Head of Music and external legal counsel.
· Managing key legal information within the company’s rights system.
· Providing support and guidance to the business and creative teams on rights and contractual matters.
· Possess a law degree or experienced paralegal/contract management within a record label or music publisher.
· Possess an authoritative understanding of music and copyright law.
· Robust understanding of the music industry and recording, and publishing.
· High-level negotiation and communication skills.
· Demonstrable ability to resolve disputes and manage claims.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!