Our client, a global record company is looking to recruit a Content Marketing Manager to oversee a department for the production and distribution of world-leading music related audio visual content.
To manage the strategic and efficient marketing, promotion and set-up of global release projects:
· Define, with other stakeholders, optimum content monetisation strategy.
· Initiate, plan and manage all aspects of global marketing campaigns for allocated projects.
· Establish and maintain strong working relationships with artist management, internal and international colleagues.
· Work with artist management to secure approvals across whole projects (timelines, formats, artwork, marketing assets, merch,artist support, press etc.).
· Deliver creative content initiatives against each project milestone - brief internal team or creative agency to develop unique, effective tools for TV, online, print and / or radio campaigns.
· Be the main source of information in the company on everything relating to allocated projects, ensuring critical deadlines are met.
· Ensure timely communication to both internal and international colleagues, and artist management of strategy, marketing objectives, release plans (including details of windows/hold-backs), creative updates etc.
· Actively identify new commercial project opportunities for the company by working with related labels and personal contacts, in consultation with line manager.
· Input into A&R process, and hold a ready knowledge of artists, commercial landscape and emerging technology.
· Work closely with Production on creative,formats and packaging; agree pricing with Commercial Affairs, and update internal catalog price list.
· Ensure company Release Planning and Digital Supply Chain have all details necessary to ensure the project is scheduled correctly across all formats.
· Draft UK marketing plan within allocated budget, using internal intel and retail feedback to ensure the spend is efficient,targeted and will deliver maximum ROI, for line manager approval.
· Troubleshoot and resolve any and all project issues (working with the broader team) and implement preventative, proactive action to minimise recurrence.
· Work closely with the markets to ensure marketing collateral is innovative and relevant, adapting where required, and managing any artist approvals on territory-specific requests. On priority projects, gather market-specific marketing plans and sales estimates.
· Maintain internal communication with line manager and senior management, highlighting issues in a timely fashion and utilising internal resources to maximise effectiveness of campaigns.
· Work with Digital Marketing Manager, Content Strategy Manager and internal media agency to deliver creative and efficient online marketing spends against project KPIs.
· Work on own initiative to ensure all opportunities are explored and maximised.
· Perform regular group / individual calls and video conferences with major markets.
· Represent the department at various internal company and external meetings.
· Proven Product Manager experience, with a demonstrable background of liaising effectively and comprehensively with both Managers and Artists.
· Full command of social media and digital marketing, and the opportunities it provides for brands and marketers.
· Working operational knowledge of all Digital Service Providers, theirs points of difference and how they work.
· Strong network of contacts to help feed into A&R and potential acquisitions.
· Commercially focused.
· Creative ideas and solutions, and quick to learn and adapt as required.
· Experience of influencing and persuading at all levels of an organisation.
· Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
· Highly motivated, flexible and able to prioritise own workload; hard working and enthusiastic.
· Disciplined and organised – excellent time management skills.
· Comfortable working under pressure in a constantly evolving environment.
· Passion for music.
· Strong team player.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proficiency in MS Office and common office software.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Knowledge of the global audiovisual market.
· Experience of in-house IT applications (including budgeting & invoice approval systems, sales information systems etc.).
· Marketing qualification preferably to degree level.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!