Our client, an establish TV/entertainment management company, is seeking an experienced Client Payment Finance Manager to effectively manage end-to-end client payment processes team.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Liaising extensively with talent managers as well as the company’s finance team.
• Managing the end-to-end client payment process.
• Ensuring client payment runs are set up using online banking, and prepared.
• Approving artist statements within a weekly timeframe.
• Ensuring receipts are recorded and matched to invoices daily, with bacs income sent out to management team.
• Ensuring payments match against relevant booking information.
• Checking artist statements have commissions applied correctly and VAT treatment.
• Managing the client payment team are recharging expenses to artists and monthly reconciliations.
• Checking payments on Bankline prior to authorisation.
• Ensuring the cashbook is maintained and reconciled weekly to the client bank account.
• Distributing artist remittances to assistants.
• Maintaining up-to-date contact info for all artists.
• Reviewing of pa.
• Updating booking sales orders with payments received.
• Assisting client payment team during busy periods.
• Working closely with management assistants, TV production finance team and live booking team.
• Monitoring debtors and providing information to management assistants to chase monies owed.
• Ensuring client payments team input booking slips into the company’s bespoke system, and raising invoices, checking all booking slips in regards to commission splits / VAT or tax treatment.
• Reviewing and maintaining bank reconciliations, and control account using Netsuite.
• Handling artist and accountant payment queries.
• Producing analysis of client payments.
• Working with artists and accountants on tac forms for work abroad.
• Monthly reporting for management accounts.
• Performing annual HMRC reporting for client income.
• Completing quarterly FEU tax forms.
• Working on monthly income analysis and forecast income with management accountant.
• Dealing with international currencies and FX transfers.
• Previous work experience in the same or similar role with the media/entertainment industry.
• Confident taking the initiative.
• Proven track record of working collaboratively across teams.
• Highly effective communicator.
• Strong excel skills.
• Highly organised, able to work to deadlines.
• Very strong attention to detail.
• Interest in the media.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!