Our client, a successful and established music agency, is seeking a Client Accountant to join their busy team in this bespoke music industry accounting role.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Working to tight deadlines to ensure Artists are paid in a timely manner.
• Maintaining and reconciling Artist account on Sage 200 and the company’s bespoke booking system.
• Raising weekly statements for artists using the bespoke database system.
• Raising commission invoices.
• Recharging Artists’ expenses.
• Ensuring accurate recording of multi-currency transactions.
• Making payments to artists.
• Credit control for individual shows.
• Managing monthly report for artist account balances.
• Managing monthly accurate report of the agent overseeing commissions.
• Assisting with cashbook and bank reconciliation on Sage 200.
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of FEU, withholding taxes and VAT legislation.
• Working with Assistants to ensure all outstanding funds are accounted for.
• Communicating with agents and assistants regularly.
• Liaising with Artists, Managers, and Accountants to build relationships.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Robust numerical and analytical skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Knowledge of accounting software, ideally Sage.
• Experience using Outlook.
• Capable of working under pressure and handling multiple tasks.
• Able to work autonomously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent administration and organisational skills.
• Able to work in a team.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!