Our client, a global music company, is seeking a Classics Rights Specialist to manage highly accurate deal data administration for music releases.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Ensuring the accuracy of rights data for recording and licencing agreements for both frontline and catalogue music releases.
· Maintaining high levels of accuracy for deal data in the Rights Administration System including new deals, amendments, option exercises, terminations etc.
· Working extensively with the Business Affairs and Global Data Operations departments to manage deal data administration, approval processes, and handling rights data queries.
· Reviewing contracts to identify contractual commitments and restrictions.
· Communicating contractual commitments to the wider team, liaising with Legal and Business Affairs, Release Scheduling, and Product Data teams.
· Providing confirmation of rights and ownership in response to internal queries with discretion.
· Serving as a primary point of contact for entry and approval of rights and royaltor information.
· Working across multiple stand-alone royaltors on a track level basis, with the company’s Rights Administration System.
· Maintaining the Global Artist Roster Reporting for the department.
· Contributing to the successful management of contract data workflow processes.
· Law Degree, minimum 2:1 is desirable.
· Undertaken study of IP law, copyright and performer rights is preferred.
· Experience of drafting, reviewing, and amending commercial contracts, and/or legal experience in media commercial contracts is desirable.
· Comprehension of music contracts and interpretation of key terms.
· Meticulous attention to detail and data accuracy.
· Able to work independently within a team-oriented workplace.
· Highly organised, able to work efficiently under pressure.
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
· Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Outlook, and Excel.
· Experience working with cloud-based software platforms and agile software development and testing is preferred.
· Language skills in French or German is desirable.
· Understanding of the importance of confidentiality when communicating sensitive legal information.
· An interest in classical music is advantageous.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!