Our client, a successful global music neighbouring rights company, is seeking a Business Development Manager with an extensive international music network to help grow the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Conducting thorough market research for potential clients and strategic partnership opportunities.
· Contacting and meeting with potential new clients.
· Onboarding new clients.
· Undertaking client repertoire analysis.
· Ideating strategic development for client retention.
· Travelling both domestically and abroad to meet business requirements.
· Taking responsibility for the business meeting annual targets.
· Managing the sales team effectively.
· Maintaining a robust and effective sales pipeline.
· Leading conversion of potential clients with effective identification techniques such as radio play, charts, and social media etc.
· Harnessing networking events to cultivate relationships, create opportunities, and sell.
· Ensuring the CRM is updated accurately with prospective leads.
· Providing advice to customers about neighbouring rights.
· Attending meetings regularly and reporting to management.
· Substantial music industry experience with proven network of contacts with labels and artists essential.
Solid experience within Neighbouring Rights or Publishing.
· Willing to travel to meet business needs.
· Experienced with digital platforms and emerging technologies.
· Excellent up to date knowledge of record labels and artists.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· IT proficiency using Mac, Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Experience using CRM essential.
· Possess a current network of music industry professionals, ideally internationally.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!