Our client, a renowned independent music brand and a leader in electronic music, is seeking a Business Affairs Manager to provide business and legal support on all commercial transactions across the label, publishing, distribution and events.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Handling the drafting, review, negotiation and advising of commercial contracts spanning recording agreements, digital music licenses, distribution agreements, writer agreements, live performance agreements, data protection, general service contracts, and song writer agreements.
• Taking responsibility for the review, drafting, and negotiation of music rights license agreements such as key blanket/catalogue agreements with record labels, DSPS, sound recording aggregators, music publishers, and collecting societies.
• Providing advice on IP matters, deal terms, data-use matters, dispute resolution, deal-flow processes, and best legal and business practice to various internal teams.
• Periodically reviewing and negotiating agreements for label touring operations.
• Implementing new systems to enhance efficiency, compliance, corporate and legal initiatives.
• Preparing and reviewing contract summaries and HOA’s.
• Maintaining an up-to-date awareness of precedent updates and music industry developments that could impact the business.
• Fostering good relationships with external lawyers.
• Managing internal communications regarding deals, ensuring labels understand deal structures.
• Qualified lawyer with post qualification experience.
• Professional experience drafting and negotiating music industry contracts, data protection, events, and ecommerce.
• Knowledge of the music industry and understanding of the associated recording agreements and music copyrights.
• Experience providing advice in relation to e-commerce law is advantageous.
• Excellent drafting skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to take the initiative.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
• Strong IT, analytical, and research abilities.
• An interest in music business law is desirable as is a willingness to gain career experience.
• Passion for dance and electronic music.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!