Our client, a world-famous music booking agency, is seeking a highly organised and competent Booker who is confident working within a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Handling the oversight and booking of shows from inception to completion.
• Collaborating extensively with Agent and Agent Assistant.
• Fielding a high volume of email communications and answering telephone calls.
• Overseeing a busy schedule of artists.
• Representing the company at festivals and shows.
• Nurturing relationships with managers, talent, promoters, venues, and record labels.
• Gathering approved promotional materials in line with marketing plans.
• Working with Promoters throughout tours.
• Liaising with Artists, Tour Managers, Artist Managers to meet tour requirements.
• Ensuring Promoters receive Artist Riders, Technical Specifications, and Press kits.
• Promptly sending promotional materials for shows upon approval.
• Maintaining Artist date sheets.
• Reporting ticket sales to Management on a weekly basis.
• Issuing, chasing, and filing Promoter and Artist Terms of Business.
• Updating database records as needed.
• Raising and issuing deal memos and show confirmation using Dealmaker.
• Chasing deposits and balances from Promoters.
• Chasing signed contracts.
• Insuring Artist shows as needed.
• Issuing Certificates of Sponsorship for non-EU Artists.
• Raising invoices for Artists occasionally.
• Working with Artist Accountants and promoters on tax issues and paperwork.
• Organising Indemnity Letters when needed.
• Highly self-motivated and able to take own initiative.
• High-level attention to detail and planning capabilities.
• Good time management and able to manage multiple tasks at once.
• Confident working in a high pressure and fast-paced work environment.
• Proficient user of Mac OS, and programmes such as Microsoft Excel/Word and Apple email.
• Working knowledge of online productivity tools such as Dropbox, and Google Drive.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!