A&R & Content Manager
To work a mix of genres but with a strong network within UK Hip-hop / Rap.
Working with the world's most talented lyricists, producers and musicians, they are building a global movement - spearheaded by our soon-to-launch app - that provides a new form of mindfulness content.
In an era of increased pressures from social-media, economic instability, and anxiety around the future, there is a growing need for access to content that resonates and connects, giving young people techniques and tools needed to thrive.
They are passionate about promoting mindful practices to improve mental wellness, providing a platform for artists and thought leaders to amplify their voices. They are working with a wide range of artists to champion and promote a message of normalising positive mental well-being.
Research has shown that if we develop tools and practices for looking after our mental health during our brain’s hyper plasticity years (up to age 25), we can dramatically reduce the number of breakdowns and suicides.
They believe in having courage,being curious and being free to express yourself; vital steps on the path to self-improvement. They operate with respect and integrity at all times and believe that with togetherness, acceptance and collaboration we can all achieve our best.
This is an extraordinarily rare opportunity to work directly with the founding team and original music artists(Pioneers) to build the business from the ground up.
They are looking for an enterprising and musically-creative individual who has a passion for mindfulness and music to join us as their A&R and Content Manager.
You will take a hands-on approach to leading the content strategy, onboarding new artists, establishing processes and legals and helping manage the production schedule for new content.
The right candidate should be highly knowledgeable about trends in music and have a very strong industry network. Ideally, the most suitable candidate will have successfully managed artists and content delivery, whilst creating a strong culture & inspiring others to feel and be their best.
Content Strategy :
· Working with founding team to develop overall content strategy, milestones and plans
· Taking ownership of Content Road map, overseeing delivery of all audio content
· Working with wider team to contribute to brand, marketing and product strategies
Artists & Repertoire(A&R):
· Finding new talent: Identifying and on boarding new artists to the platform (current target is 1 or 2 new artists per month TBD as part of wider content strategy)
· Working with founding team to manage relationships with labels/publishers for on boarding new artists and licensing existing content
· Negotiating and completing legals (with support)
· Managing and coaching development acts
· Acting as the main point of contact for all talent
· Coordinate studio time & delivery against agreed plan
· Organising artists to deliver content to plan
· Organising session musicians, producers, recording engineers and artists where needed
· Ensuring all content is app-ready and uploaded to the in-house Content Management System
· Understanding meditation and therapy elements, working with meditation practitioners and clinical therapist advisors to ensure effectiveness of final content
· Working with founding team to manage and deliver budgets, milestones and team goals
· Evidence of successful A&R and/or strength of industry network
· Experience in artist collaboration, development, management and talent scouting
· Experience in delivering workflow and projects on-time and to budget
· Entrepreneurially minded with an interest and experience in music industry structure and legals
· Belief in the business mission, with a strong interest in mindfulness and good mental health practices
· Evidence of good leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritise goals
· A great communicator able to inspire and excite others
· Creative& mindful, you’ll have the ability to promote an inspiring work ethic.
An amazing recruitment company, they care about you as an individual rather than just being a number on their books!
I've had amazing placements where I've met great people, which has also given me the experience I have needed to secure my new role in the music industry!
Jenny is the best recruiter I've ever had, we've built a great working relationship and it has been brilliant to have been represented by The Music Market / Arts and Media.
Helen and her team at The Music Market have been nothing short of fantastic at helping me develop my continued career in music.
After graduating in 2012 they found me my first industry position at a top London bookings agency and most recently placed me in a great role at a leading international label and music brand.
I have always felt safe in their capable hands as a result of their professionalism and dedication.
I have always had a fantastic experience with The Music Market / Arts and Media – all the staff are great, helpful and knowledgeable.
Jenny has found me a number of wonderful full-time and temporary roles over the years and I can’t recommend the company highly enough.
Helen and the team at The Music Market were a joy to work with and helped me in securing my next career move within a short amount of time.
I would highly recommend Helen to anyone looking to further their career in the music or media industries.
I was so impressed with Helen and the rest of The Music Market team – they understood exactly what I was looking for in my next role and worked incredibly quickly to help me find the perfect position. The communication was fantastic throughout and I really cannot thank them enough!